Kitchen Fire Damage Prevention
SERVPRO of Indianapolis West understands the importance of keeping families and loved ones safe. According to the NFPA, “House fire claims over the five years have caused $6.9 billion in property damage.” SERVPRO of Indianapolis West is dedicated to being a resource in Indianapolis. We want to make sure that our community is taking all the precautions necessary to prevent house fires. The following are tips to avoid fire damage in the kitchen.
Kitchen Fire Damage Safety
- When cooking food, stay at home and keep an eye on it.
- Keep children away from the kitchen when you are cooking
- Avoid food and grease buildup on cooking surfaces
- Solvents and flammable cleaners should be kept away from hot surfaces.
- Never store fuel in your home or business.
- Check that no electric cords from your appliances are hanging from the counters.
- Replace smoke detectors every six months.
- Check the status of your smoke alarms.
- Plan a fire escape strategy for family members including pets.
In the event of fire or smoke damage, please contact SERVPRO of Indianapolis West to help restore your home or property. Our certified technicians focus on helping you restore your home to the pre-fire condition you know and love. If you have any questions about what we do after fire damage or need help recovering from a fire damage incident in Indianapolis, call us at (317) 243-3149.